Answer: Canker sores are very common and they are not contagious. These irritating little sores will normally go away on their own in about one to two weeks.
- The canker sores persist more than two weeks
- The canker sore is unusually large (more than one centimeter in diameter)
- A persistent high fever accompanies the sores.
- The pain from the canker sore is unbearable
- You experience difficulty drinking with the sores
A dentist can easily diagnose and recognize the type of sore in your mouth based on where its located and how it looks.
I was embarrassed by my smile because the dental work I received before coming to Dr. Sands was substandard. I had crowns fall off regularly and my teeth didn't match in color shade or symmetry. Dr. Sands suggested a smile makeover, and I couldn't be happier with the results. An
Darrell from SLC